Saturday, March 21, 2015

Salty Greens

When I was a kid, my parents used to talk about Popeye to get me to eat my spinach.  I tried that with my son, and he looked at me like I was crazy.  He doesn't know Popeye, just like he can't believe that phones used to have a cord or that cameras once required film.  So... (after feeling like an old lady) I started calling this dish Salty Greens and Ta Da!  He started gobbling it up!  Salty greens are a staple at our house because they are so fast and easy and it's one of the few vegetable dishes that I know he will eat every time.

Salty Greens
makes 2-4 servings

One large bunch Spinach leaves (or one bag, depending on how you buy it)
2 or 3 Tbsp Butter
1 clove Garlic, minced (recommended)
Sea salt to taste

In a large skillet melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat.  Add garlic and stir 1 min until fragrant.  Add spinach and slowly turn to coat spinach in butter and evenly cook the greens.  Continue turning until all leaves are dark green and limp, which only takes another couple of minutes.  If you love butter like I do, you can add another tbsp while cooking.  Toss with salt to taste and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment